POSITION TITLE System/Release Engineer
DATE September 2018
PRESENT INCUMBENT(S) Team addition
Basic Purpose and Function
- Setup and support of FLOvate internal infrastructure including but not limited to security, network, workstations and servers.
- Setup, support and deployment to FLOvate Microsoft azure cloud environments including MS IIS Server and MS SQL Server environments.
- Automation of install and deployment routines using MS Powershell to enable both FLOvate engineers and FLOvate customers to seamlessly deploy and maintain FLOvate software products.
- Ensure business continuity measures are implemented and monitored (including source code security and backup).
Reportable Service Levels
- Project schedule adherence
- Accuracy of delivery
Setup (where required), monitoring and maintenance of:
- FLOvate internal network.
- FLOvate external connections.
- FLOvate server infrastructure.
- FLOvate workstations and associated equipment.
Setup, support and deployment to FLOvate Microsoft Azure Cloud environments including MS IIS Server and MS SQL Server environments.
Automation of install and deployment routines using MS Powershell to enable both FLOvate engineers and FLOvate customers to seamlessly deploy and maintain FLOvate software products. This will include analysis of FLOvate LEAP deployed artefacts and differential management of these artefacts for effective patch/update deployment to the extended user base.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- MS PowerShell
- MS SQL Server (installation context)
- MS IIS Server (installation and management context)
- MS Windows Server (installation and management context)
- Microsoft Certification
FLOvate will support the successful candidate with achieving Microsoft certifications and/or advanced PowerShell training.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Planning and organisation
- Results focus
- Client focus
- Problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Quality focus
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
FLOvate is the creator of the LEAP platform.
LEAP is a Low-code platform. It is able to produce software solutions for organisations, typically around process management, around 10 times faster than traditional development methods and at about 10% of the cost. The resulting solution is very high quality, based on the LEAP toolkit of over 100+ tried and tested functional software components (or ‘nodes’). In addition, LEAP is designed to be easily and quickly changed/updated, meaning that the software is able to evolve with an organisation and/or marketplace.
FLOvate was established in 2011 and is based in Ipswich, Suffolk with 25 employees across various disciplines. These include a number of trained Business Analysts who work with clients and potential clients to clearly define and manage operational processes.
FLOvate prides itself on being a professional technology services organisation with the highest standards of customer service.
About the LEAP Low-code platform
Low-code platforms are an evolution of a development trend that has been ongoing for 30 years; in practical terms it is the logical next stage after the introduction of RAD (Rapid Application Development) platforms in the 1990s/2000s. The benefit of the Low-code platforms compared to traditional development is the speed/cost of solution delivery; the high quality of the solution provided; and the ‘designed to be changed’ element allowing for much lower ongoing maintenance costs.
LEAP can be deployed in either Cloud (MS Azure) or physical server environments.
LEAP, in its generic form, can implement a solution for any organisational process. These range from ‘price list management’, through to ‘customer onboarding in a regulatory environment’, to ‘loan application management’ and almost any other different process.
Occasionally FLOvate comes across an area of functionality which can be further developed into what is essentially a packaged LEAP Solution; this is where LEAP comes pre-configured around a more specific organisational process.
An example of this is the Complaints handling process.
FLOvate has delivered a number of LEAP complaints systems to clients, and as such now has a ‘vanilla’ complaints configuration that it can supply to other organisations. This means that a client looking to implement a complaints process using LEAP has 80% of the work already done in advance. And the client gets all the advantages of a pre-built platform, combined with the flexibility of a bespoke system tailored to the exact needs of their own organisation.
Interested? Please fill out our form below, or send your CV along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please call us on 0330 111 0570.