Central to leading concerns in most organisations is the pressure to ensure they have appropriate measures in place to deliver effective business assurance by reducing risk and maintaining compliance across their business.
This should be easy. (Should is a horrible word…) Those who find themselves at the raw end of a failing process will ask how hard can it be?
Multiple systems and pressures
Most teams in businesses will traditionally have multiple processes spread across a range of programmes (Excel, Word, email clients etc) and though they may be well established (that’s how we’ve always done it!) they do not offer transparency, consistency or stand up to stringent auditing. Project that number within the team across a business, and then across an entire enterprise, and you will soon see just how complicated it could be to tie all those ‘processes’ together.
But there will be some poor soul in every business that has to keep all this under control. In order to build a system that allows a business to authentically understand its risks, there are few key things to think about. Below is their to do list, as I imagine it…
- Keep risks under control
- Maintain compliance
- Exercise effective governance
- Provide a transparent audit trail
And all this needs to be through the lens of ‘best customer outcomes first’.
How to meet this challenge?
Well, the delivery of these items will be dependent on their skill in centralising and systemising responses to risks and compliance. Luckily, the team at LEAP™ have a system that can do that. Picking up multiple, duplicate, messy trails of communication, analytics, and documentation by placing it in a centralised, secure controllable system, that is driven by business users is what we do every day.
Where to start?
This is how we envision the basic steps to get things moving.
Here is how LEAP™ is ready to boost your governance measures up a gear.
Keep risks under control
- Agile improvement delivered via immediate deployment of critical change – the LEAP system can be changed immediately by your own team at no additional cost.
- Use analytics to identify risks and improvements, define your scope and build the report
- Schedule critical tasks and reminders for timely execution even link to your calendar
- Link with your existing financial systems – LEAP can integrate easily with any system you need it to.
- Get a view on all details (risk type and severity) with up to the minute reporting, build exactly the report you need in LEAP.
- Build in transparency with user authority controls and appropriate workflow, workflow sits at the heart of LEAPs purpose.
- Unite multiple locations to build a singular compulsory system, LEAP is available via desktop or on mobile.
- Standardise risk actions and escalations across your organisation, build in rules to determine outcomes.
Exercise effective governance
- Use workflow to ensure compliance, the right thing WILL happen at the right time.
- Deliver in-system educational material to support changes and staff, so you can continuously improve your workforce’s skills in dealing with risk.
- Increase control and drive change with a system built & run by its users – they know the system best.
- Systemise your internal control procedures, again via workflow and rule building – this is easily achieved.
Full audit trail
- Store critical information and documentation safely in the system, you can apply docusign to ensure all elements are fully transparent and digitised for audit purposes.
- Migrate existing information over to maintain continuity, use your current data to map future improvements.
- Build and schedule Business Impact Analysis reports that are tailored to departments and individuals.
- Enforce Templates for consistency – build your own templates in the system and apply measures to ensure the right information populates them.
The effectiveness of a management system can diminish as time rolls on, so build in triggers across all areas to alert you to improvement measures so you can be confident that changes are timely and driven by analytical data (rather than subjective thought processes).
Ultimately, those in charge of risk control and compliance do not need a fixed solution, but a methodology through which they can easily trial and test initiatives for improvement without risk to the business or customers. Authentic, timely change in organisations is achievable and adds value when a fluid system is adopted to manage risk and governance.
Your systems can be strategic rather than reactive. Engage your staff to help drive meaningful change with a system they can make their own and so make better decisions and deliver consistent, transparent outcomes.
Want to see your process in LEAP or find out what value the team could add to your project?
Get in touch, we relish a challenge!
0330 111 0570