Do you need workflow software? Many businesses say “No – we’ve got it covered.” But how flexible are the workflows in your existing system? How well can it adapt to change? We’re not saying you need to replace what you have – whether that’s SharePoint, MS Dynamics or a bespoke industry system. We’re just saying you could be missing out on some very cool ways to make your business more efficient. Read our blog to learn the key reasons why you’d want to extend what you have with a specialist workflow platform.
Extend the power of your back office and embrace change with a next-generation workflow platform
Our back office systems are at the centre of what we do, from allocating leads to creating quotes and progressing orders. But change is constant. Customers, partners, employees, our regulators: all question the way we do things: the data we collect, and ultimately, the processes that we follow.
Sometimes, change can be handled within the systems we have. Let’s say you want to update a leads-nurturing process for example. And that’s fine for linear flows.
But modern business doesn’t do linear. It does complex. It does multiple ‘ifs’ and buts’. Regardless of your business model, today’s increasingly diverse and demanding customers challenge our established processes all the time. Exceptions – those annoying instances that cause a process to derail – can suck up significant time and resource.
So ask yourself: can my system handle these changes? Can you handle exceptions easily and cost-effectively, without troubling your developers to write custom code?
The simple fact is: if you need to:
- Evolve complex business workflows
- Connect multiple systems
- Provide universal access to processes, and
- Support new devices as they come to market…
Then specialist tools are needed. And that’s the role of workflow software. The fact is, no transaction-based system can compete with the ability of a business process management application for evolving complex processes. Why? Because they are fundamentally systems-of-record, driven by transactions rather than human activities or tasks.
Not convinced you need to invest in workflow software? Consider the following:
- Can your existing back office system talk to other systems and services?
- Can it automate non-existing processes without specialist programming skills?
- Do you have the skills to make more extensive customisation of your existing workflows?
- What happens when you need to capture data currently held outside the ERP or CRM?
- Can non-IT users interact with business processes, e.g. purchase and expense submissions?
- Are these interactions smooth, providing a seamless experience whether on desktop or mobile?
With a specialist workflow software solution, you can link all systems and services exactly the way you want. You can do it without writing code. You can create a neat wraparound to all your systems of record. And best of all, you can set this up quickly, easily and without significant drain on your IT budget.
New FREE guide available now
Read our guide Workflow Software: Why Invest? to learn the 5 key ways to extend the power of your back office systems.
- The strengths and weaknesses of using back-office for workflow
- 5 Key reasons to invest in workflow software
- How workflow software benefits real-life scenarios
Our guide is also available as a free download.
See it for yourself!
We’d love to show you how workflow software can make your business more flexible, more adaptable and more responsive to change. Simply Get In Touch and request a demo.